Monday, November 16, 2009

2nd Dan Taekwondo


Over the weekend I passed the 2nd Dan exam in traditional Taekwon-Do.

On Saturday I had to demonstrate the pattern Eul-Ji Hyeong and had to fight a free sparring against two opponents. Both held a piece of wood, which I had to break with a technique fitting into the fight. For one board I used a "normal" 180° Pandae-Dollyo-Chagi with the right foot and for the other a 360° Pandae-Dollyo-Chagi with the left foot. This took place in the Black Belt Center in Gräfelfing near Munich, Germany.

On Sunday I had to perform another three breaking tests right out of (movements 12, 17, and 27) the Euil-Ji Hyeong pattern. One Twio-yop-Chagi, one Twio-tora-yop-Chagi, and lastly a Twio-Ap-Chagi. This second and last part of the exam took place in Lauf an der Pegnitz near Nuremberg, Germany.

If you look closely at the big flag behind Grandmaster Kown, Jae-Hwa (7th Dan, examiner), myself (totally exhausted), and my Master Claus Bernet (4th Dan), all this took place in preparation for the celebration of "45 Years Taekwon-Do in Europe" next year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Markus B. said...

Venerable Master Uwe,

in true and deep respect for Your efforts and success I must say, I am rather proud to practice together with You but even more to be exercised by You.

Markus

Monday, November 16, 2009 at 12:48:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home